The Mariposa Branch of AAUW was established in 1990
with 56 charter members and has grown ever since…
Our Key Community Projects include:
- Back Pack Project – School program distributes supplies to eligible students to assure they have the essentials to start the school year.
- Tech Trek – Week-long science and math camp at Fresno State University excites middle school aged girls to pursue college.
- Speech Trek – State-wide speech contest provides an opportunity for high school students to hone their public speaking skills.
- Dinner with a Scientist – UC Merced event pairs girls and women scientists in small group conversations exposing them to science careers.
Impact your Community
- Advance the Mariposa AAUW mission to empower women.
- Collaborate with other community service organizations.
- Network with cool and interesting people.
- Socialize at mixers and fundraisers.
- Be inspired by informational public programs.
Share Common Interests
- Book Group – Read biographies to best sellers.
- International Group – “Travel” from Australia to Asia.
- Wine Tasting Group – Sip Pinots to Ports.
- Garden Group – Grow seeds to sunflowers.
- Great Decisions Group.
- Hiking Group – Amble two to ten miles.
- Chess Group
- Play Reading Group
Be part of a National Organization that:
- Includes 100,000 supporters, 1,000 branches and 500 college/university partners.
- Awards women $3 million annually in grants.
- Funds pioneering research on women’s issues.
- Provides legal advocacy for women.
- Advocates on Capital Hill to end pay discrimination, promote work-life balance, and provide affordable health care.