The Mariposa Branch of AAUW was established in 1990
with 56 charter members and has grown ever since…
Our Key Community Projects include:
- Back Pack Project – School program distributes supplies to eligible students to assure they have the essentials to start the school year.
- Tech Trek – Week-long science and math camp at Fresno State University excites middle school aged girls to pursue college.
- Speech Trek – State-wide speech contest provides an opportunity for high school students to hone their public speaking skills.
- Dinner with a Scientist – UC Merced event pairs girls and women scientists in small group conversations exposing them to science careers.
- High School Voter Registration Packets – By providing high schools seniors with non-partisan voter information and registration packets on their 18th birthday, we’re helping prepare the next generation of active participants to exercise their rights and let their voices be heard.
Impact your Community
- Advance the Mariposa AAUW mission to empower women.
- Collaborate with other community service organizations.
- Network with cool and interesting people.
- Socialize at mixers and fundraisers.
- Be inspired by informational public programs.
Share Common Interests
- Book Group – Read biographies to best sellers.
- International Group – “Travel” from Australia to Asia.
- Wine Tasting Group – Sip Pinots to Ports.
- Garden Group – Grow seeds to sunflowers.
- Craft Group – Enjoy sewing to sculpting.
- Hiking Group – Amble two to ten miles.
Be part of a National Organization that:
- Includes 100,000 supporters, 1,000 branches and 500 college/university partners.
- Awards women $3 million annually in grants.
- Funds pioneering research on women’s issues.
- Provides legal advocacy for women.
- Advocates on Capital Hill to end pay discrimination, promote work-life balance, and provide affordable health care.